Thursday, December 6, 2007

...aaaaaand we're back.

Not that many people noticed, but the girls and I have been on hiatus for about 6 months. We're planning on starting up the Newsarama column again in January, so as a warm-up I thought I'd do a bit of blog posting.

The reasons for the break from writing were many, including school and other activities, but also because it had become more of a job than fun. Just so everyone is clear, we get paid exactly $0 for reviewing comics. We get quite a few books sent to us by publishers and individual creators and the pressure to review them all was getting to be a bit much.

So, new ground rules: The girls will review only books they love. If you send us something and it gets a negative or neutral reaction from the girls I'm not going to force them to write a review of it. I will continue to post news items and my own mini reviews here at the blog and I will try to list the titles and links for anything anyone sends us. Fair enough?

Ok, so now it's back to (completely unpaid but really, really fun) work.

2 Comments:

At December 8, 2007 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Otis Frampton said...

Totally fair. :)

I hope Oddly makes the cut. Good to have you back!

-Otis

 
At December 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have you back too! It's tough to negotiate the comic book universe for my children without the guidance from the three of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home